Saturday 19 November 2011

Google+ Hangouts.

Well yesterday afternoon and last night was spent experiencing my very first public hangouts.

I must say I do have a preference over the Hangout with extra's to  the standard Hangout.  The ability to share screens is more than just a little bit handy, especially when doing geeky linuxy lesson / guide / brainstorming!

I've met a few individuals definitely worth circling but there is  very low likelyhood of me becoming a "hangout slut", sure it's fun, would definitely be useful for long distance communications, but I'm too much of an in flesh kind of girl.

Google+ Hangouts definitely have massive potential for lessons and group sessions in "How To's", already there are talks of geeky lesson ideas amongst a few people I know which is very exciting.

Although I love my mentor to pieces (BIG LOVE TO THE O.G) it is always a fantastic idea to learn and gain guidance from as many different like minded sources as possible.  Of course at this stage of my linux geeky development I'm concerned about how easily confused I could become, however I hoping with like minded individuals that would be far less likely.

I hope that my mentor Mr. O.G considers collaborating with a few of the G+ers in their informal lessons on G+ Hangouts, he's a most excellent teacher.

Due to some of the conversations had in G+ Hangouts today, I played around with windows video / audio recording abilities for G+.  Will be very handy for a YouTube channel or reposting ability.  YAY!

On a completely unrelated note, this weekend I have the 3D TV to myself (and friends) can I heara "UNCHARTED 3"!!!  BOOOOYAAAAHHH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, at this stage all comments are being moderated.

Once your comment has been viewed and approved it will become visible to the public.