Monday 21 November 2011

LCA2012 Name Badge Hacking, the saga continues...

I am absolutely sure that since I've started using Ubuntu, all I've done is install stuff, which I find incredibly odd since Ubuntu for all intents and purposes, is an over inflated "feature" packed OS full of pre-installed junk.  Why on earth am I spending so much time downloading things!!!

Tonight's glorious list of installed programs / packages;
  • Aptitude installed - Check
  • Python installed - Check
  • Zookeeper installed - Check
  • Git installed - Check
  • Graphviz installed - Check
  • VIM installed - Check
  • SQLite installed - Check
  • Gnucash installed - Check
  • Gnupg installed - Check
  • Screen installed - Check
  • Editing of apt/source.list - Check
  • LCA Zookeeper repository cloned & forked - Check

sudo !! all over the place with a bit of forking this and root that... Linux makes me feel so dirty, love it.

*yawn*  all that scrolling text is somewhat hypnotic, doing this whilst tired is probably not such a great idea, but  one can not learn unless mistakes are made.

Attending the Melbourne Woot Moot this week, should be nice to meet some females of the geek persuasion, I need to improve my male vs female geeks ratio... Seriously I only know male geeks.

Wish I had more time this week for geeking alas the Virtual Assistant business is booming and I'm under a lot of pressure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, at this stage all comments are being moderated.

Once your comment has been viewed and approved it will become visible to the public.