Friday 11 November 2011

I ROOTED MY PHONE.~!

I rooted my phone and I did it all by myself!!!  I was too scared to do it with my first smart phone the HTC Dream.

It's not entirely new news, as I upgraded from the HTC Dream to the Samsung Galaxy S 2 in October as a late birthday present to myself, but thought I'd include it in this blog as a geeky achievement for my own records... I'm proud of myself! :-)

I took my new shiny, exciting toy of DOOM out of it's box, charged it and turned it on.  I was disgusted at how bloated with "features" it was - having got it from Optus it was chock a block full of their apps and products... NO THANK YOU.  So no sooner did I get it out of the box, I was looking up ways of how to flash the firmware and update it to Gingerbread 2.3.5.

I found a wonderful website, with an easy tutorial and a youtube and away I went.  Nervous as all hell and just hoped that if I blew it, one of my various geeks could assist me in FIXING my boo boos.  I worried without any need at all, the process was just SO simple!

I was surprised by the difference the upgrade made and I can not wait to get Icecream Sandwich onto it.

Some NEW news, this week has seen me downloaded an app off the internet and installed it.  Normally I only download apps through the market, but Wifi Killer is no long available through the market.  It works a treat by the way. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, at this stage all comments are being moderated.

Once your comment has been viewed and approved it will become visible to the public.