Monday 28 November 2011

Weekend Geekery & a Lesson in "Bar Speak"


Alas not much weekend geekery this weekend.  Did update Ubuntu Natty (11.04) to Oscelot (11.10) !  I've always wanted my own Oscelot... annnnywaaaaay, haven't had a chance to play yet, did notice the login screen has had a facelift so I'm expecting it will be prettier.

Had zero luck with the 2hrs of LCA2012 badge hacking on Friday night but I was tired so I wasn't expecting much.  The rest of the weekend was spent working!  Killer deadlines this week.

Voted for the submissions for DrupalDownUnder2012 and purchased my Early Bird Ticket.  Really looking forward to seeing the schedule!

Sunday afternoon I did receive a lesson in "Bar Speak".  Two very important lessons in fact:
  1. Apparently "there's one in the tap" translates to I've already paid for your next beer and it just needs to be poured.  
  2. The more important lesson is you want the beer to stop flowing (i.e your pot magically being refilled every time you finish your beer) you need to lay your pot on it's side.  Laying your glass on it's side is an indication to the bar tender you done.  
I really wish they had of told me rule 2 that after the FIRST beer!  I said I only wanted 1 beer, 3 beers later.  :-(  My company found this incredibly amusing, I didn't zero productivity Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, at this stage all comments are being moderated.

Once your comment has been viewed and approved it will become visible to the public.